Tonya Kappes’s Easter Egg Petit Fours
(All photos are property of Author Tonya Kappes, are used for her personal use.)
This cake recipe makes 12 cookie cutter eggs, which will make 6 petit fours.
Ingredients for Cake
• 1 1/3 cup flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• 3 egg whites
• ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
• Any jam, mousse, or filling you’d like to use in the middle
Ingredients for Icing
• 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
• 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
• 2 T light corn syrup
• ¼ cup water
• Food coloring
Directions for Cake
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Fixin’ To Die
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Cream together butter and sugar. Alternate adding in dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with dry mixture. Fold in egg whites and pour into 9”x9” pan greased and lined
with parchment paper.
Bake at 350F for 20 min.
Directions for Icing
Mix all ingredients besides
food coloring together Scene of the
until smooth. Divide into Grind
four different bowls and add different color food
coloring to each bowl.
Take Easter Egg Cookie Cutter and cut out as many Easter eggs More Recipes as you can from the cake.
Slice eggs in half and spread about 1 teaspoon of choice of filling onto 2 one of the slices (make sure to 3 add filling to the inside not 4 outside of cake slice).
Sandwich the two slices back together. Put the eggs on a cooling rack over wax paper (the icing will be dripping down). Pour icing on top of cakes using a spoon. Let it drip over onto the sides.
If you want to download the recipe, you can grab that by clicking here.